Web site found ----waiting for reply

tonyx1302 17:50 22 Mar 05

All of a sudden, after being connected to the Internet for a short time, if I want try and change to any different site I get the message 'Web site found-waiting for reply' in my task bar and nothing happens however long I wait and the new site never opens. In the end I have to reboot and try connecting again.
I have run my all my AV/A2 and Malware progs etc and there are no nasties shown.

XP Pro with B/B OneTel and have checked with them and they don't show any probs. I have also done a restore but the problem persists

Any suggestions please

Tony

stalion 19:44 22 Mar 05

try clearing your internet history and cache

tonyx1302 20:04 22 Mar 05

Thanks for you response but have cleared everything but the problem is still there. Any other ideas would be very welcome

Tony

stalion 20:10 22 Mar 05

What browser are you useing and have you thought about trying a different one?

tonyx1302 20:23 22 Mar 05

I use IE and have done so for two years or so.nd I am a bit of a 'simpleton' where computers are concerned so have stuck with the 'if it aint broke.............' so I really don't want to get into uncharted waters with another browser although many forum members seem to advocate them.
Surely there must be a logical reason why this has suddenly started happening ?

Thank stalion for you input. Can you suggest any other ideas?

Tony

tonyx1302 20:31 22 Mar 05

Could you also check out nifermac's post ( web pages hanging ) as we seem to be having the same problem

Tony

stalion 20:35 22 Mar 05

this may help click here

JonnyTub 20:43 22 Mar 05

This may or may not work

Go to start, run and type in CMD

From the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns

(note the space between ipconfig and /flushdns)

Hit enter and ty again

tonyx1302 21:07 22 Mar 05

stalion... Thank you. I clicked on your suggestion (support MS.com and found one of my settings ( LCE ? )was not at auto so have corrected that and also and cleared Int.His. again even though I thought I had already done so, it still ran for 20+ secs.

JonnyTub. Thank you. I acted on your suggestion and have now rebooted. All seems a okay ! I don't know which has hopefully corrected the fault which only time will tell, but thinking positively, I will 'green tick' the problem.

Thanks very much to you both

Tony

JonnyTub 21:08 22 Mar 05

Your welcome

rmorrison100 09:34 21 Mar 11

thanks for the suggestions.

[url=click here]thanks[/url]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…