Web Site Folder Query

mothercat 19:31 09 Apr 07

Help! I am in the process of setting up a web site to sell one item in ‘PDF’ Ebook. No real problem there but I have obtained formatted PHP scripts and templates which will allow access to purchasers, allow them to sell on etc. The instructions for the script upload is that I must create a ‘template folder’ and they must go there. I can understand that, as that folder must have ‘global write permission’

Now the stupid part of the question is: How do I create this ‘folder’ ? Do I simply FTP the lot to the web site and then create this separate ‘folder’ and if so how do I go about doing that??
(I guess it takes about ten seconds to do and ten years to learn how to do it?) But just now I’m stuck.

harristweed 09:55 10 Apr 07

Your web site hosting control panel will probably have a file management section that will allow you to create a new folder. Then you will need to set the permissions as directed. This is sometimes called ‘CHMOD’. There should be an option in the file manager to do this.

Alternatively you can create the folder locally on your computer then FTP it on to your web site. You will need to then set the permissions. If you have an FTP program (cuteftp or similar) look in the help screens how to ‘CHMOD’ the folder.

mothercat 09:59 10 Apr 07

Many thanks (harristweed) I'll get cracking on that info.

Forum Editor 07:00 11 Apr 07

You don't have to FTP anything to your site.

Just open it in your chosen FTP program and select the option to 'create new folder'. The FTP program will create the folder for you, and then you can CHMOD the permissions that you need.

mothercat 18:02 11 Apr 07

Thanks Forum Editor:
Did both just to be greedy! Again many thanks,
should have found this site ten years ago.
Kind regards
Mothercat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…