web site acting strange

louandel 22:42 30 Dec 05

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently building a website and have just bought a package and domain name from 1and1.
However what is really strange when I was signing up for this the site wouldn't allow me to finish the sign up proceedure (it was a number of pages.) Before the end it kept on throwing me back to the home page.
The help desk at 1and1 said it may be a bug(?) and to try signing up on another computer which i did. I liked the package so much. I hoped the bug was only to do with the signing up if that was what it was. However I now have a control panel and that has started doing the same thing. On My computer at work it is fine.
I have mcafee antivirus.
windows xp.
All other sites I go to seem fine.
Could this be a bug or something else?
If so any ideas on what I can do?
Thanx for your time

Louandel

AndySD 07:30 31 Dec 05

Its a bug with their systems.

But try asking them if your IP address has been blocked by there software.

louandel 08:23 31 Dec 05

If the bug is in their systems why does the website work fine on another computer? Surely that would suggest it is my computer that is the problem?

AndySD 08:38 31 Dec 05

I have the same problem on one of the PC's at home (the others are fine) I reinstalled windows and it didnt solve it. Contacted support and got them to check the IP Address.

louandel 08:57 31 Dec 05

I will do this. Out of interest what exactly is an IP address and I take t I am contacting the support for the website im having trouble with?

Thanx for all your help Andy,

Louandel

AndySD 10:04 31 Dec 05

No its for the connection form your PC to the internet.

louandel 10:29 31 Dec 05

Sorry to sound stupid Andy. its the support at the website I am contacting or bt internet or who?

sorry to be a pain

louandel

AndySD 10:54 31 Dec 05

Its 1&1 Support you need to phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009