Web site access problem

igr 13:02 27 Oct 03

Any suggestions out there re a problem accessing a particular site on my home desktop?.

Recently I have tried to access click here on my home desktop (Win2k, BTBB, ZAPro and IE6 all operating OK). However all I get is the usual cannot find server or display DNS - guess it has something to do with the security levels on IE6 or ZAPro. Here comes the rub - when I access my office via a VPN, and use IE6 the easyjet site comes up no problem.

Its a click here or there but I have run out of ideas! It's driving me mad.

Taff36 13:51 27 Oct 03

Had a very similar problem with one particular site that I used to get access to regularly. I could get it on a dial up modem but not my broadband at work.

The answer was to obtain the alternate DNS server address from our provider (Pipex) and enter it in the appropriate Internet protocol Settings (TCP / IP) properties > General Tab for the Broadband connection I was using.

I don`t know how or why this works but it cured the problem. BT Broadband has a freephone number for technical support. 0800 800 060. Hope this helps.

igr 14:51 27 Oct 03

Thanks Taff36. I've not needed the BT people since I went BB so I will give them a call

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…