Web shop details to Excel Spreadsheet

gail5863 20:43 PM 23 Mar 09

Hello, can anyone help me please! We have just set up a new online shop for selling motorcycle parts - lots of them! We have uploaded many hundreds of items already to the shop via the admin facility. By the way, the shop is a standard off the shelf package I believe, then modified for us, as has some 'americanisms' to it and many standard features. We'd like to have a back up copy of the information within an Excel spreadsheet, that we can then use to sort/search etec., and use as a backup of what's on the website. Is there a way of doing this does anyone know? I now have the ftp address and passcodes, but not sure what to do next. Any advice appreciated, as this would save us retyping all the detail from the webshop into an excel spreadsheet. Thank you very much.

HighTower 19:14 PM 26 Mar 09

Does it run from a database? If so you could probably export it, though it might not be as simple as reading the items in an excel spreadsheet. You will probably find that it's a relational database and a little more complex than a single page spreadsheet.

If all you want is a backup then there should be something in the admin section that allows this?

Do you know the name of the package you are using?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…