web protection

edee66 14:01 07 Sep 05

I recently purchased HTML-Protector. I encrypted the web pages and uploaded them. Problem is I seem to have 'overprotected' them! When I try to do anything I receive an error msg saying my browser needs javascript (which it has). I have tried unblocking this or removing it according to instructions (FrPg 2000)to no avail. I ran it through the (protect) prog aagain to try and unprotect it but to no avail. The prog assistant doesn't seem to have a clue. I have even tried deleting the html encryption in the domain but it won't allow me to do it. Any ideas how I can get my website back? (backups don't seem to work and I can't import or upload).

Thanks

Forum Editor 19:25 08 Sep 05

or of any other code-protection software; my own view is that these utilities are totally unnecessary.

All these programs work in much the same way - by encrypting the HTML source code - and some of them compress the files as well. As you've discovered, things can go wrong, and I doubt that there's much any of us can do to help in this case.

If you have an unencrypted back-up of the site I suggest that you delete everything on the server and upload the backup. Then throw the HTML protector in the bin, and resign yourself to the fact that you've wasted £17.21

Forum Editor 19:27 08 Sep 05

Have you contacted the suppliers about this? I see from the website that there's a 24-hour email support service - or so they say -
click here

edee66 10:56 09 Sep 05

Thanks Ed, yes I have been in touch with the co but I get the impression they are floundering for answers. The discerning thing was. It made a copy as it encrypted. But it turned out that even though I changed the extension to htm (as instructed) the copy itself was encrypted!. It is so well encrypted I can't upload, download or edit at all, its pathetic. I used to have robots written in to the tags prior to this but lost them after format and had'nt wrote them down. I have now resigned myself to building the website again and hopefull just transering text and graphs. I know I have a lot to learn but not this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…