web problems

NarcosisBoy 16:47 14 Oct 03

some of the web pages that i try and use i cant seem to download that picture icons - i dont yet have word or anything yet - could that be part of it or do i need some type of new software - the machine is brand new - 3 days - somne sites work and others dont ? - any ideas
Cheers

it's a little difficult to make out exactly what you mean ('download that picture icons'?) but my immediate thought is that you do not have the Macromedia Flash player plugin installed yet. it is easily and freely obtained from the Macromedia website.

check your internet options (advanced/multimedia) for your settings om displaying images.

NarcosisBoy 17:10 14 Oct 03

wasnt very clear about what i meant but one of my favourite web pages has thumbnail icons down the left hand side as menu bottons/links and my machine doesn't display them at all - just the blank box with the little x up in the top RHcorner - i'll try the Marcomedia now cheers for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…