Web pop ups!!!! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

ski2004 12:44 13 Jan 05

hi there i use windows xp pro and connect to the internet via aol. I am getting pop ups nearly everytime i go onto a new page on the net. I am getting so annoyed with it, please help me. Your help would be appreciated.
SKI..

Chezdez 12:52 13 Jan 05

You need mozilla firefox, pure and simple.
click here

in built pop up blocker, faster more secure than IE (assuming you use IE to browse as oppose to the AOL browser)

and i'm sure a few people would even say that you should get rid of AOL entirely...... ;)

dogbreath1 13:10 13 Jan 05

Yes and after installing Firefox, get yourself the Adblock plugin, download a couple of comprehensive filters and banish the 'non-pop ups' as well. click here
for Adblock and click here
and click here
for two 'starter' filter lists.

Curio 14:24 13 Jan 05

Google has its own Popup Blocker. You could use that if you don't want to change Browser.

Curio 14:25 13 Jan 05

Also if you have SP2 installed, that contains a popup blocker too.

ski2004 17:49 13 Jan 05

I cant get adblock to install, comp says unknown file type, its xpi the file type is. help please, thank you. ski

CurlyWhirly 17:52 13 Jan 05

Have you checked your PC for spyware using the usual Spybot, ad-aware & a2 tools?

dogbreath1 17:56 13 Jan 05

Have you downloaded, installed and set Firefox as your default browser? Adblock is merely a plug in for Firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…