web passwords

conrail 21:40 05 Nov 08

using xp home with ie7; granddaughter has been visiting, while here her vista laptop had problems so I pointed her to this forum, now she has gone home, when I try to log on, whereas I could click on login and everything was there for me, now I have to select my user name opposed to hers and have to fill in my password, no great hardship I know but is there a way I can delete her login from my pc? thanks

Switcher 21:48 05 Nov 08

Do you mean her logon to windows or to this site

skidzy 21:51 05 Nov 08

Run Ccleaner click here leave on default settings.
This will wipe the login names and passwords untill you fill in the boxes again.

Switcher 21:52 05 Nov 08

If it is windows logon. Then START > Control Panel
USER ACCOUNTS > CHANGE AN ACCOUNT > SELECT ACCOUNT
TO CHANGE > DELETE ACCOUNT

conrail 21:53 05 Nov 08

thanks for reply so quickly Switcher, I mean this site and any other sites she has visited, she just used my login for windows, I don't have a password set up because I am the only one who normally uses this pc

conrail 22:07 05 Nov 08

thanks skidzy, I have ccleaner installed so I will delete the sites I need to reset from there and when I switch on tomorrow I will reswt , I appreciate your help, thanks a lot to you both

conrail 08:56 06 Nov 08

Hi skidzy, started ccleaner, options and placed this forum in cookies to delete but grandaughters passwords still there this morning, is there anywhere on the hd or in the registry they are kept?

DippyGirl 09:18 06 Nov 08

Does this help click here
- no idea what the s/w is like as I dont use IE
Use at own risk

conrail 10:01 06 Nov 08

thanks DippyGirl, looked at that and tried regedit but in the location named it is all binary code, looking at
Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials\, in documents and settings drew a blank, I appreciate your help, thanks

skidzy 16:53 06 Nov 08

Just to save me time typing;

click here scroll through to IE7

conrail 21:07 06 Nov 08

thanks skidzy, that has sorted it, the 1st time I did it I clicked on delete for files, cookies, history, forms & passwords, restarted but nothing had changed, I then did all ob above plus the delete all button, restarted and everything is fine, also thanks to Switcher and DippyGirl, I appreciate all you help, again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5