web of pain in the ?

eggy 21:49 28 Jan 03

I need help with a web design problem. Iam going to design a questionnaire, but the problem is that when someone press the submit button the information which the respondent gives is not sent to my email address.

There seams to be a problem with FrontPage extensions not install on the server, or maybe not be the problem

To see a draft of what Iam trying to do and the problem click here

If it is FrontPage extensions problem not supported does anybody know of a free hosting site that supports these extensions I would be greatfull.

eggy 22:18 28 Jan 03

nobody any ideas

Mezzo 23:28 28 Jan 03

unable to help, sorry. all i can suggest is posting this query on other forums (although im not sure why this info would be sent to your email address rather than a table within your site which you could download).

Gandalph 02:11 29 Jan 03

I think you will have to use the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and save the questionair to your ISP's server. That way you will be able to go onto the server and retrieve the information. Although I am not 100% sure about this, I only know that my son did a similar sort of thing and that was the only way he could get around the problem. Hope this helps. Cheers :-)

AragornUK 02:37 29 Jan 03

eggy

Who is your site hosted with?? As you've guessed some hosters do and some don't support FP Extensions. Then you have the problem that they may not support the version you are using (2002 took ages to filter through to some servers).

I take it you are using Frontpage to upload your site?? I take Gandalf's point, but usually if you use FTP to transfer instead of Frontpage, the extensions won't work.......

The error message certainly seems to imply that the extensions are either not installed or installed incorrectly.

Lycos.co.uk has 50MB free space (with a once a day popup ad). No FP extensions but it does include PHP and a mySQL database (more useful than Frontpage).

click here (netfirms . com / hostingfree) has 25MB webspace, 1GB transfer per month and Front Page Extensions.

Hope this helps.

harristweed 10:27 29 Jan 03

I don't think your problem is front page extensions.
You need to know how your host handles CGI scripts.

The most common method is formmail. click here
check FAQ's

You will need a couple of lines of code in your page something like "<form name="form1" method="post" action="/cgi-sys/formmail.pl">
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="[email protected]_here">

Post back if you need more help

eggy 15:28 29 Jan 03

Thanks for the help all it needed was a surver that had the frontpage extensions installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…