Web pages will not Load

alan_1 17:38 08 Dec 07

Hi, I have an old pc running Window 2000 Pro connected to Orange Broadband, Athough OK in the past the PC will only load the orange homepage or google. No other web page will open or links from google searches all I get the message "Waiting for site *****" I know the connection is good and I can down load images from google.

Help please, has anyone come across this problem or have any suggestion as to what may have gone wrong. I have a second PC which connects fine so I don't think it has anything to do with ISP.

Many thanks in anticipation

Technotiger 17:46 08 Dec 07

Try deleting Cookies and Files.

alan_1 18:47 08 Dec 07

Thanks Technotiger, but still the same problem I have even tried installing Firefox without sucsses

wotbus@ 20:11 08 Dec 07

Have you got Work Offline ticked in File?
Could be a nasty. I had a virus called Kill.Reg a while back and it's purpose was to mess up internet configurations.
Try installing your Orange setup disc again. (You may find a "re-configure" option in start > programs > orange but only guessing - I have but it's not Orange).
You could also try re-initialising your OrangeBox or whatever it's called - just switch it off then on again.

Technotiger 20:12 08 Dec 07

Have you tried System Restore back to when it was working ok?

Or could be a glitch formed in the registry, running Ccleaner click here might do the trick.

alan_1 21:57 08 Dec 07

Thanks to all, but still no sucsses, I have re-installed using Acronis to a working date, remover and re-installed the Wanadoo driver - checked all the setting all to no avail. Still puzzeled as to how google work (and refreshes) but I when I select any links from search results the page never forms. I have even removed the Firewall and virus checker.

I will wait a while, but I think I will have to format and re-install ?

Thanks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009