web pages too big

gerryp25 13:02 PM 11 Apr 11

Hi, I am running XP and recently had to have Windows re-installed due to something nasty getting in computer. Since then I have a problem with web pages appearing too big for th screen eg. when trying Ebay usually about 6 or so items appear but now only 3 come up, the pages are too wide and too tall. Every site is the same, I can't find any way to reduce the size, Can anyone help please. thanks

Taff™ 13:05 PM 11 Apr 11

Assuming that your screen settings are correct it sounds like you have the zoom setting on your web browser set incorrectly. Hold the CTRL Key and use your mouse scroll wheel to adjust it.

Woolwell 13:11 PM 11 Apr 11

Did you re-install your graphics drivers and is your monitor set up at the right resolution?

birdface 13:26 PM 11 Apr 11

If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse hold down the Ctrl button and turn the scroll wheel till you get the size that you want.

gerryp25 13:37 PM 11 Apr 11

Thanks for your help, the suggestion to hold ctrl and use sroll wheel seems to work on my netbook so it might work on my tower system tonight, keep you informed later. thanks for your help. I have a follow up message about something else which will appear in a few minutes

gerryp25 22:26 PM 11 Apr 11

Thaks for all your help, the ctrl and mouse scroll worked but it only reduced size. of the text, the page size didn't alter

woodchip 22:39 PM 11 Apr 11

right click on desktop/properties check what monitor resolution is set to. probably set to 800x600 it needs setting higher

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites