Web pages slow to open and intermitantly freeze

redbarron 15:35 PM 17 Nov 11

Windows XP Pro Internet Explorer 8

Just recently I have noticed that web pages are a bit slower opening and are regularly freezing for anywhere up to half a minute before opening fully.

A full virus scan didn't show anything, and all software and drivers are up to date. Very strange.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

Graphicool1 15:49 PM 17 Nov 11

Does this happen on certain sites in particular or randomly?

birdface 15:58 PM 17 Nov 11

try Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns then press enter on the keyboard.it should tell you that the DNS Cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Also an ad-blocker might help.

If it is just happening on the PCA site you get that every now and then.

redbarron 17:17 PM 17 Nov 11

I tried your suggestion buteman which has improved things. Early days, but as yet no hang up's.

I was having problems with allot of web sites, this one (PC Advisor) and the Tom Tom web site being one of the worst. Even now, although not freezing, this site (PC Advisor) is still slow at opening pages. Mind you, it's never been the fastest kid on the block.

Thank you both for your suggestions. Fingers crossed all is better.

birdface 18:49 PM 17 Nov 11

PCA site it has been fairly poor at times for a week or fortnight for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11