web pages not displaying correctly

salamanca 11:48 25 Aug 04

i am having problems with accessing certain sites. ie learndirect and nationwide.When I go to the log in screen the page disapears and says that it is done on the botton left hand corner, yet I have a blank page. I was initially given a fix from nationwide which worked once. When Itried to log on again the next day the same thing happened. I have tried this fix a few times since, but it no longer works. Any ideas??

Charence 12:34 25 Aug 04

Try to clear your cookies. TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > DELETE COOKIES.

Charence

salamanca 12:48 25 Aug 04

Part of the fix that I had advised to delete the cookies and temporary internet files, so I have tried this. i also noted that sometimes it looks like web pages are being downloaded twice, and was wondering if this had anything to do with it?? Any other ideas would be more than welcomed.

Sparky3327 07:54 21 Oct 04

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem?
I'm haveing exactly the same one but can't sort it out at all.
Cheers,
Grezza.

salamanca 18:09 21 Oct 04

No it is still the same. i have tried downloading different flashplayers and this has not helped either. It looks like I may have to pay someone to sort out something that is possibly quite simple. If I get anywhere I will let you know.

Sparky3327 12:33 22 Oct 04

Have you got an irritating little application that runs in I.E. called NTSearch?
NTSearch highlights loads of words on a page which link to the NTSearch website. It just appeared one day, highly irritating.
I've just managed to remove it and all my pages load fine now.
Whether it's good luck or good management I don't know but it's worth a try.

Micro-Man 13:13 22 Oct 04

Try your security settings. Go to Control Panel-Internet Options- Security-Internet -Custom Level and check your ActiveX settings are to medium.

salamanca 16:29 22 Oct 04

Yes I do have this NT search. Could you let me know how to delete it please?

Sparky3327 10:01 25 Oct 04

Click on a word on a website that will take you to the NTSearch website, or simply go to click here
Click on the Usage Policy link at the bottom of the page.
At the bottom of the text is gives you a link to the removal tool.
Fingers crossed!

salamanca 17:54 25 Oct 04

Thanks worked a treat. I can now get on with my learning. Thanks very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…