Web pages with gif images load slow.

dagwoood 19:42 23 May 04

I started a thread because I am having problems opening some web pages. The pages either load realy slow, or in some cases, the page will load so far, then hang.

I've discovered that ALL the sites I am having problems with have gif images on them.

I have found a gif decoder file in my Windows/Java folder and this has been archived(don't know why). I have unzipped the folder this file was in to see if that cured my problem, but it doesn't.

Am I looking in the wrong place, or is the solution to my problem not related to this but is it to be found somewhere else?

Cheers, dagwoood.

p.s.I have the java runtime enviroment s/w also on my system.

(My other thread click here

dagwoood 23:58 23 May 04

Pesala 00:55 24 May 04

click here for the old thread.

It helps people to see what has already been said before. Occasionally, a thread wanders so far off topic that the question gets lost in the shouting. Then it makes sense to tick the thread as resolved and rephrase the question. I don't see that happening in this case.

dagwoood 01:17 24 May 04

As per Pesala's advice, I'll tick this thread as resolved and continue with the old thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…