Web pages changed since adjusting Display Settings

Ben Avery (Work) 12:16 11 Feb 03

Gday

Just a quick question. I changed my Display view form 800x600 to 1024x768 as I was geting annoyed at how many web pages needed scrolling across.

I did however find the desktop to be a little unreadable due to my work PC only being a 15" monitor, so to compensate I have adjusted the advanced Display Settings "Font Size" higher (it now reads 119%).

The icons and fonts are now nice and readable again but I've noticed that when I view web pages, most of them cover only 3/4 or so of the page with the section down the right of the screen housing just the background.

Is there some way that pages like this can be "stretched" to fill the screen?

BA

Ben Avery (Work) 12:18 11 Feb 03

Admittedly the PCA page is filled accross the screen. My only thought is that lot's of websites have their HTML code to a specific "size" not as a "%" or some kind of automatic sizing thing?

Ben Avery (Work) 14:34 11 Feb 03

anyone?

mackaycc 14:39 11 Feb 03

The reason that these pages are not filling up your screen is because they have been written using pixels to set the width rather cthan using a percentage. This gives the web page creator a greater deal of control over how their web pages are displayed and cannot be altered by the user. In other words, there isn't much you can do to view these pages at a larger size.

Ben Avery (Work) 14:48 11 Feb 03

So this is normal then? Doesn't this seem strange as so many people use a higher resolution that 800x600?

I'm talking about most web pages I have looked on.

e.g. NTL's home page, Fox.com etc

This is all normal then?

BA

Djohn 15:16 11 Feb 03

Ben Avery (Work) yes this is normal I have my 19" set at 12x10 and the result is the same, if I go up to 16x12 then some sites, BBC, for example only take up one third of my screen from the left.

Ben Avery (Work) 15:56 11 Feb 03

Thank you!

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…