web page taking over home page

covers 20:12 25 Jun 04

recently the web page 'res://dfjbc.dll/index.html' also, I think, called 'search-all- fast'(?)keeps taking over my default home page. I've tried deleting all ocurrences of it in the registry (or as many as I can find) but it keeps coming back. How can I get rid of it?
Many thanks for all help now & in the past.

VoG II 20:14 25 Jun 04

Try CWShredder click here

If that doesn't work, post a Hijack This log following these instructions carefully click here

Dorsai 20:32 25 Jun 04

And once you have got rid of the nasty's update your OS...(in IE)Tools>windows update (asuming you use windows)...And download any 'critical' updates it's suggests..if it comes up with loads, do a few at a time..nothing more frustrating for it to get 90% through a 20MB download just to quit on you....And make sure you have a firewall, and it's up to date...ditto AV software...

covers 12:29 27 Jun 04

I've used 'spybot', 'CWshredder' & 'hijackthis'.
My home page is still being hijacked. There must be another registry entry somewhere (maybe with another name) that is causing this. Any ideas.
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:36 27 Jun 04

Anti Spyware :-
Spywareblaster click here
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
a2 click here
CW Shredder click here

covers 23:21 27 Jun 04

Now also tried all those progs that Fruit Bat kindly mentioned. None worked. Noticed that spybot 'got stuck' on 'adGoblin'. Searched in registry - lo & behold there it was along with others. removed manually.
Then found by accident in 'add/remove' (in control panel)2 programs 'Search Extender' & 'Shopping Wizard' that wouldn't delete and pointed to 'looking-for.cc/uninstall/SearchExtender(ShoppingWizard).htm'
404 page
Found 'looking-for' in registry. Manually deleted.
Why didn't any spyware detect any of this?
Has it gone?
help!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…