web page taking over home page

covers 20:12 25 Jun 04

recently the web page 'res://dfjbc.dll/index.html' also, I think, called 'search-all- fast'(?)keeps taking over my default home page. I've tried deleting all ocurrences of it in the registry (or as many as I can find) but it keeps coming back. How can I get rid of it?
Many thanks for all help now & in the past.

VoG II 20:14 25 Jun 04

Try CWShredder click here

If that doesn't work, post a Hijack This log following these instructions carefully click here

Dorsai 20:32 25 Jun 04

And once you have got rid of the nasty's update your OS...(in IE)Tools>windows update (asuming you use windows)...And download any 'critical' updates it's suggests..if it comes up with loads, do a few at a time..nothing more frustrating for it to get 90% through a 20MB download just to quit on you....And make sure you have a firewall, and it's up to date...ditto AV software...

covers 12:29 27 Jun 04

I've used 'spybot', 'CWshredder' & 'hijackthis'.
My home page is still being hijacked. There must be another registry entry somewhere (maybe with another name) that is causing this. Any ideas.
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:36 27 Jun 04

Anti Spyware :-
Spywareblaster click here
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
a2 click here
CW Shredder click here

covers 23:21 27 Jun 04

Now also tried all those progs that Fruit Bat kindly mentioned. None worked. Noticed that spybot 'got stuck' on 'adGoblin'. Searched in registry - lo & behold there it was along with others. removed manually.
Then found by accident in 'add/remove' (in control panel)2 programs 'Search Extender' & 'Shopping Wizard' that wouldn't delete and pointed to 'looking-for.cc/uninstall/SearchExtender(ShoppingWizard).htm'
404 page
Found 'looking-for' in registry. Manually deleted.
Why didn't any spyware detect any of this?
Has it gone?
help!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…