Web Page Problem

winksey 14:17 07 Feb 03

Could anyone tell me why on certain website I can see most of the page, but in some of the placeholders I get the !ACTION CANCELLED message. Is it something to to with Java. If anyone can help Id be much obliged.

AndySD 14:55 07 Feb 03

Sounds like it

click here for the java plug in

winksey 22:06 07 Feb 03

Thanks AndySD, that has worked for some sites but for some reason on this site, (PC ADVISOR), after you log in there is a box on the right hand side which says !Actin Cancelled. It dont show what it is supposed to. Any ideas?.

winksey 08:59 14 Mar 03

It seems my browser (I.E 6) will not show gif images,when I click on the image and select properties it says pagerror.gif. Can anyone help.

winksey 13:37 14 Mar 03

I have just loaded Java Web Start. Still no good.

Eagie 13:46 14 Mar 03

Are you operating behind a firewall that could be blocking things it views as potentially dangerous. Also you could have a look at your secutiry settings in your internet options (accessed through the Tools menu in IE).

Good luck

Eagie 13:47 14 Mar 03

Please ignore the spelling mistakes in my last post. Hope it made sense anyway!

winksey 11:01 16 Mar 03

Thanks Eagie, Ive checked those out, no joy, Ive just visited the Maporama site and I cant get the main map just a little red cross in a box, I get the same on the advert at the top of the screen. I am getting gif images and an A S P file image. Please help, becoming frustrated now.

winksey 10:02 08 Jan 04

Just cleaning up, not resolved but not as bad as before, can live with it. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…