Web page not opening properly? is this cookies?

pcgal 10:58 19 Jul 03

I have 2 computers at home networked together.
The webpage I regularly visit runs fine on my client computer but not on my main pc.
All other webpages work fine on my main pc!
The webpage opens up no problem on my main pc but when I try to navigate the site it just hangs for a while then a "done" message appears in the bottom left hand corner of the task bar and it just shows a blank page under the webpage heading. I then go to my client pc and all the information appears no problem.
Is this a cookie problem? Its puzzling me because its just this one website thats the problem. Can anyone advise.....thanx pcgal

pcgal 11:01 19 Jul 03

ps.....running on ie6 windows xp both machines

Steven135 11:10 19 Jul 03

Does the page use a plug in that you do not have on you main PC?

pcgal 11:16 19 Jul 03

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm can you give me an example of a plugin steve? both systems the same I think

Wes Tam ;-) 11:18 19 Jul 03

Have you a firewall that is stopping cookies, pop-ups etc for the site?

pcgal 11:26 19 Jul 03

wes I have norton antivirus and firewall but Ive just tried the site with the firewall turned off and its still the same

pcgal 11:40 19 Jul 03

Ive shut everything down runing in the background but page still the same.........can I attempt anything regarding cookies????????

VoG II 11:48 19 Jul 03

Not sure if this is a cookie problem. However you could try:

In IE, File/Import and Export and export your cookies (say to a floppy).

Then in IE Tools/Internet Options "Delete cookies" button. Or use click here which will wipe all cookies and more.

If this doesn't work you can Import your cookies back from the floppy.

Wes Tam ;-) 11:48 19 Jul 03

What about your Privacy Settings in IE6?

Are they set the same on both machines?

pcgal 11:54 19 Jul 03

Dam I just remembered.....a few weeks ago I was getting java script errors but Ive not seen this error for the last week.......could this be the source
Wes yes both machines privacy settings the same

Steven135 13:47 19 Jul 03

Example Plugins: Macromedia Flash, Sun Java, Quicktime...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…