web page not displayed properly

paddy75 18:47 11 Oct 09

Hi all, my IE8 web pages are displayed in the middle of my 24 inch wide screen display,no matter what i do i can't get it to fill the screen,any idea's Paddy

mfletch 18:53 11 Oct 09

Have you tried right click on the bottom right hand corner and dragging it down

paddy75 18:54 11 Oct 09

Try this link

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

paddy75 18:55 11 Oct 09

Hi mfletch, its the actual webpage that is not filling the browser space. The window is fully expanded however - see pic.

birdface 19:39 11 Oct 09

If you have a scroll button on your mouse hold down the Ctrl button and move your mouse forward or backward see if that does any good.
Either that or changing your screen resolution might do it.

DieSse 19:57 11 Oct 09

Some wew pages (like this one) are a fixed width. The only way you can make them wider is to zoom them (View - Zoom - or as above roll the mouse wheel whilst holding down the Ctrl key).

Changing your screen resolution is not a great way, as pages are different widths, and it affects everything else you have on the screen, not just web pages.

Some sites are designed to expand to fill the browser screen - but this means the page can look very different on different width screens, so many designers do not like to do it this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…