Web Page Link Problems

yuran 07:55 13 Jul 03

I ?Upgraded? to WIN XP from 98SE last week and seem to have picked up a problem to do with the internet. I am running Outlook Express and IE6.
When I click on a web page link within an e-mail in OE, instead of IE opening and going to the page nothing happens (this is the case with every email).
The same is true when I go to any web site directly through IE, I can access the web site ok but when I click on any page link again nothing happens.
Could it be a problem with one of the advanced options within IE6 or perhaps a security issue?
Any advise you can offer would be great.
Many thanks

Magik ®© 08:19 13 Jul 03

it sounds like you need to lower the security in IE and also if you have zone alarm or something like it that as well,

yuran 08:53 13 Jul 03

I have turned down the security setting to its lowest and the privacy one as well and have removed zone alarm - still no luck!! Are there any other settings to adjust?

VoG II 09:20 13 Jul 03

To fix the problem in IE

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

The OE problem may be related. If not

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177054

yuran 16:21 13 Jul 03

Thanks for all of your help, I have followed all the steps but the problem still remains - It seems that when a link is clicked IE will not open a new window to display the page that is supposed to open - is this any help in resolving the problem?

Valvegrid 16:52 13 Jul 03

You might try going to 'Tools>Internet Options' and click on advanced tab and at the bottom click 'Restore Defaults' then click 'Apply ' this will make sure all the boxes that should be ticked are correct.

Valvegrid 17:04 13 Jul 03

I thought I had read another thread very similar, this chap seemed to have the same problem and cured it:

click here

yuran 21:12 13 Jul 03

I think this problem is bigger than I imagined, I have tried all the tips on the following site - none work for me!!

click here

Any other ideas would be gratefully received
thanks all

VoG II 21:20 13 Jul 03

Try a repair of Internet Explorer click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…