web page gets progressively smaller on IE8 Vista

ranch 09:53 16 Oct 09

I have a problem with my Samsung R60 plus laptop on IE8 Vista with one web site that I visit frequently.
When I visit the website it appears normal on first view then when I click on a link it comes up about 75% of the height, then the next link comes up 50%, then 25% then about 5% of the height but the width is normal.
If I move to another site everything is normal. It only happens on this particular website.
Any ideas of the problem?
Thanks.

bjh 10:01 16 Oct 09

What's the site? Linkie so we can try it out...

ranch 10:13 16 Oct 09

Hi BJH. The webise is click here and the links are any on the home page.

Thanks.

bjh 11:08 16 Oct 09

Just tried it myself, and seems to behave normally for me... so really not sure why it isn't for you....

Sorry

Sea Urchin 13:18 16 Oct 09

Seems normal here - have you tried using another browser? Firefox perhaps?

johnnyrocker 20:11 16 Oct 09

no problems here either xp pro ie6

johnny

ranch 08:01 17 Oct 09

Thanks for the checks. The problem is definitely with my computer. Any ideas what is causing this problem. Have been in touch with the website and they say it is some problem with my cache settings. Any ideas of what could be causing this problem? It only happens on this particular website - all my others are normal.
Thanks.

ranch 09:44 18 Oct 09

Looks like I've found the cause. I was using Google's Translation facility for some of the Hindi articles. Yesterday I removed this and the problem has not recurred so looks like there was some kind of bug there.
Thanks for your help guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…