Web Page downloads

carper 11:27 11 Dec 04

I have been trying to download an instruction manual which runs to 52 pages but cannot get further than six pages. The icon on my desktop appears to be downloading but it gets no further and no error notices appear. I have 640 memory and have 29G hard disc available. Is this something to do with memory "cache" which I seem to have read something about. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Carper

Belatucadrus 11:56 11 Dec 04

Seems unlikely, try posting a link to the instruction manual. Somebody will probably come up with something.

carper 15:04 11 Dec 04

Thanks for that. I've never done this before so here goes click here
It looks right so we'll see if it gets results.

Belatucadrus 16:18 11 Dec 04

It's an acrobat pdf file that's trying to open in your browser window. Size is about 1Mb, so download on a dial up is likely to be quite long, try going to the literature index click here , then instead of left clicking the download, right click on the link and use ' Save target as' to save the manual to disk, then open it with Acrobat reader.

Belatucadrus 16:20 11 Dec 04

Actually I was wrong about the size, the manual you are trying to download is one of the bigger ones at 4.33Mb.

carper 10:05 12 Dec 04

Thanks for your comments I'm going to try changing my browser to Firefox.. Carper

carper 14:27 12 Dec 04

Thanks Belatucadrus. Downloading to disc worked a treat in 15 Minutes. Carper

carper 14:29 12 Dec 04

Thanks for that Belatucadrus. It downloaded to disc in 15 minutes Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…