web-page dialog boxes

john4884 19:13 11 Oct 03

when I am on IE6 every time I log on to a new home
page a box appears which says web-page dialog box.
I have run a virus check with NAV,
I have run a security check with NIS and all have come back with nothing found.
I have tried disconnecting from my broadband connection but without success.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

VoG II 19:17 11 Oct 03

Don't quite understand "a new home page". Home page is the default site that IE goes to when you start it.

Do you mean that you keep changing your home page, or do you just mean going to different websites?

john4884 19:20 11 Oct 03

My apologies,
I do mean going to different web-sites.
The web-page dialog box appears as a pop-up and goes when I click on the x to close the box.

john4884 22:44 12 Oct 03

I downloaded a web-site which instructed me that I had a parasite on my computer could anybody advise me as to what these are and any ways that i can get rid of them.

Thanks.

MAJ 22:52 12 Oct 03

You probably have some spyware on your PC, monty4884. Download and run Adaware click here and Spybot click here to clean it out.

MAJ 22:56 12 Oct 03

Another thought. If you're using XP or Win2000, they could be Messenger popups. To disable those click here, look at that page and see if they resemble your popups, monty4884.

john4884 14:12 10 Apr 04

My apologies for not replying sooner but this is the first time that I have had an opportunity to thank those people who replied to my plea for help.

The outcome was that I had a parasite on my computer and after I had installed and run Spybot Search and destroy this cured the problem.

So thank you all once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…