Web page could not be saved

canard 22:18 03 Jun 04

Some web pages refuse to download and web page would not save comes up. Anyone know if it's grin and bear it or if there is a solution?

VoG II 22:30 03 Jun 04

canard 23:42 03 Jun 04
  VoG II 23:46 03 Jun 04

You meant me to go to a Firefox page? I don't understand why you encoded it. Anyway. it loaded perfectly so the problem seems to be at your end.

canard 23:48 03 Jun 04

Oh dear! IE6 Win98 SE- any ideas?

GaT7 23:57 03 Jun 04

On IE6 & Win98se myself & it saved with no problems. Are you trying a 'Save As' because that's what I did. I saved it as a .mht file & it came up to 317Kb. If you're still having problems & need that page urgently send me a message & I'll email it to you as an attachment. G

GaT7 00:17 04 Jun 04

You could also try a repair of IE - click here (if you need to know how), or as a temporary measure select the webpage text, then copy & paste into a blank FrontPage or Word document. HTH, G

canard 14:02 04 Jun 04

Thanks for the work arounds. My IE6 has refused to repair since it was last patched and now only offers an uninstall. Tried the mht format but ended up with a downloaded file which launched a blank saying done with error on page. But will try mht again and hope.

canard 20:24 04 Jun 04

PC actually bestirred itself and up came the saved webpage. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…