web page

john53 18:01 04 Oct 04

i want to design my own web page does anybody got any advice on this matter

Taran 01:48 05 Oct 04

Do you have a topic in mind at all ?

The most important part of any website is its content and so you should start with that.

You will need some software to help you along as well. There are a variety of web authoring programs available from code editors if you want to play with the HTML code that makes up a web page, to What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors like Dreamweaver, FrontPage and NetObjects Fusion. These allow you to work in a visual environment, a bit like working in Microsoft Word. You can drop page elements into your workspace and visually format your site.

You will also need an image editing program to prepare pictures to include on your site pages.

Your ISP may provide some free web space which will be useful for you to play with and they will also offer you the necessary settings to upload your files to their web server. Check out the support and help section of your ISPs web site for this information.

Eventually you will want a domain name and a proper web hosting account, but as long as you are learning it makes sense to use what you have available.

Perhaps you could offer some idea of what you would like your site to focus on and one of us may be able to comment further. You may also have some or even all of the software you need already installed on your computer.

steve263000 05:18 05 Oct 04

John,
I have built my web site, click here using Front Page, and if I can do it, anyone can. Think up some things about Family to start with, put in photo's. For your FSTP server, contact your ISP, and ask which one they recommened. I have used Terrapin since day on, and they are very good. I use WYSWIG, and that is simple enough to use. I have not learned hmtl, but there are a lot of free sites that will give you lessons. Have a go, it will give you a lot of fun. If I can help, drop me a line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…