Web Hosting

old&nojob 16:27 17 Sep 06

I have a 'customer' who I am doing a website for (really cheap just to see how I get on). I do not do reselling so he needs a name and webhost. As he is a total novice and wants to update the site from time to time, I expect some issues to arise which I have to sort. Is there a particular type of hosting we need here or just find a web host (e.g. 1&1, heart fasthosts etc - any suggestions?) and get a name from them and set up a dual admin access. I guess that we need a simple/easy interface and some sort of client editor with FTP facilities. I use MX8 to do the site but on his PC an HTML editor will be needed (HTMLKit?). Suggestions welcome.

Forum Editor 18:37 17 Sep 06

it's just a question of you making a decision about the one you're going to use.

I tend to recommend Heart Internet for two reasons:-

1. I'm a Heart Reseller.

2. I've used just about every major web host in the business over the years, and I've finally settled on Heart as being the best by a long chalk - at least for my purposes.

Others will have their own recommendations, and you should survey the field before making your final choice. Providing your client with FTP access is simple - just give him/her the same details that you use.

A better solution, if the client intends to change content on a regular and/or frequent basis, is to use a Content Management System (CMS). That way the client can't break the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5