Web host recommendation please?

Marko797 11:16 31 Aug 07

Hi, I'm new to this web design thing (apologies in advance) but I've managed to develop a web site for my business using NetFusion 10. There's a bit of a story there but won't bore you with the details!

Can anyone advise on a suitable web-host, and how much I should be paying? I see that some are as cheap as £9.99 per year, which seems v. reasonable. The sites I've looked at refer to so many 'gb' of this and that, but I'm not sure what this actually means. Does it mean the size of my site, or the amount of people/traffic who can accesss it, or what? I'm a bit lost.

I'll need an email address facility and naturally a decent domain name (something something .co.uk...nothing shady as it will be my own business.

Can anyone please recommend a provider?

Thnx in advance.

djbenny 17:41 01 Sep 07

cheap is not always good

nativespace click here are very good they are uk based, have 24 hour support and very good uptime

theres also other providors abroad which are good value for money click here is the one i'd recommend its USA based and has excellent support and deals!

louandel 08:20 03 Sep 07

As a quality trusted cheap company offering varied facilities I would recommend click here
But as a beginner I found click here untouchable for the excellent support and information 24/7.

Marko797 12:15 03 Sep 07

Thnx to you both for your advice

louandel 16:47 04 Sep 07

I have used 1and1 for the passed two years and technically they have been no problem at all. I would agree that there support is not good for those starting out which is why i would suggest click here for knowledgeable assistance. Perhaps it would have been more usefull for Bravo2Red to say why 1and1 has been a problem for him.

erkmatrix 09:21 19 Sep 07

I find webattention to be the best for custmer service. They answered all my questions within hours and so helpful. I totally recommend them.

is my host and jolly good they are. I bought a reseller package with the longer term view of hosting small business/club sites.

belayer 14:34 27 Sep 07

I have been with 1and1.co.uk for many years (more than 8 years) and find their service excellent! They host 3 websites that I manage.

CodeMeister 12:04 07 Oct 07

Have a look at Orchard Hosting (click here)

Patr100 21:58 07 Oct 07

Shop around, Orchard hosting are very expensive.

CodeMeister 19:23 08 Oct 07

Orchard hosting, expensive ???

£19.99 per year gets you 10 MySQL databases, 1.0 Gb Monthly data transfer and 100 POP/IMAP boxes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac