//some 3rd party need geo

Web Host Comparisons

Charlie Babbage 18:14 18 Jun 06

I'm attempting to compare web hosts before uploading a new fairly simple site but one which requires more than is available in the Freespace of my ISP Virgin.net

I've done a Google search which has come up with Heart Internet as apparantly the cheapest click here

I'm aware thta price may not be the only criteria. I've not heard of Heart Internet before. Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad?

spuds 18:23 18 Jun 06

Not sure, but I think the FE uses Heart, I use and prefer 1&1 click here

Forum Editor 20:01 18 Jun 06

in fact I'm a Heart reseller. Over the years I've used several hosting companies, and have found two which - to my mind - provide the kind of service which could truly be called 'professional'. One is Heart Internet, and the other is Areti click here

I've hosted sites with Areti for years - they're a small but totally professional company, and I like the personal service.

This should really be in our webdesign forum by the way, and I'll move it across now.

djbenny 21:24 04 Jul 06

click here

thisd should answer a lot of questions!

splatter 20:26 10 Jul 06

click here been exellent for the 2 years I have been with them!

FE, how can heart give a 100% Uptime Guarantee?? Surly un-forseen circumstances can prevent that from happening!

LaserSailor 19:22 11 Jul 06

I'm also looking for a host for my club website. I reckon it will need about 50Mb of space and will be updated weekly. I am using MS Frontpage, neither of which are supported by either of the companies recommended above. Any thoughts on "SupaNames.co.uk" - loads of space for a reasonable price.

spuds 23:29 11 Jul 06

Have you tried 1&1 click here

They have various packages, one may suit your needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…