web forms, how do I get advice?

nje 09:42 26 May 04

I want to put interactive forms on my site, have designed form, need SIMPLE advice on how to make it work on my webspace, [plusnet] which has cgi capability [stretching my vocabulary now!]. is there a good source of advice, a forum for dummies?
Nick

Stormpool 11:26 26 May 04

There's a webdesign forum on this website. Try that one instead.

Taran 11:31 26 May 04

If you're talking about a feedback form there are a great many ways of processing one.

To begin with, do you want more than one form ?

What sort of information are you asking for in the form(s) ?

What is the web designing software you are currently using ?

The reason I ask is that FrontPage has a built in form processor, as long as your web host supports FrontPage server extensions.

A CGI solution you can use is Matts Script FormMail, which you can get for free at this link:

click here

Many people struggle configuring a CGI/Perl script, so if you come unstuck and need to bounce around why it isn't working, post again. It would help to know the software you are using though, and the nature of the form(s) you want to process.

As Stormpool suggests there is a dedicated Web Design section to this site - see the link near the top left of the page.

nje 18:54 26 May 04

Hi I posted a response I think but may have got it wrong, [new to this]

thanks, i will look at the web design forum.
to answer you, i am using Dreamweaver, and want to let users put their own classified ads on my site , by filling in a form, eventualy allowing them to put pictures on as well. i am working my way thru how to do it, in slow steps!
thanks again
Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…