Web Form, i'm stressed

smullan_2000 11:28 03 Aug 04

i am currently putting a form onto my site, its just a simple html form with the post method. however my website is created using a backend system running off asp.net and every time i sub mit the form it should just send me the e-mail but it comes up error, can anyone help the address of the page is

click here

thanks

Chegs ® 14:51 03 Aug 04

"Incorrect syntax near" would indicate to me you have typed something incorrectly,but I wouldn't have a clue where to look.

Talented Monkey 15:47 03 Aug 04

i would like to think that there is a mistake in your HTML code for the form, or you have pasted into the code not quite in the right place. there could be a few variations on the theme off. onyl way8 to see this is to look at the whole source code. not sure if its a good idea to post it here as it will be too long, anycahnce of mailing it or putting it up as a text file on your site so we can look at please.

Talented Monkey 11:30 04 Aug 04

One other thought have you dropped your code in the middle of some ASP without breaking out of ASP using <% %>

eg

<%
asp code

%>
html form code

<% asp code
%>

Talented Monkey 11:32 04 Aug 04

One other thought have you dropped your code in the middle of some ASP without breaking out of ASP
using <% %>

THIS WIll not WORK

<%
ASP CODE
HTML CODE
ASP CODE
%>

the above should be as follows

<%
asp code

%>
html form code

<% asp code
%>

Smegs 12:47 04 Aug 04

Your HTML form code is fine. This is more of an ASP coding error as i said on forum might be you dropped the code in amongst some ASP code and didnt break out of it Or you have accidently deleted some code and didnt realize it. Can you please resend ALL The page code including the ASP etc if you still cant see the problem.. Thanks.

How come this got email to me??

Talented Monkey 18:04 04 Aug 04

Good question! i most definitly clicked on Smullan, what is more suprising is that you havnt posted on this thread already and i did accidently click the wrong name

so big oopsy on that one. Report to correct people in charge of website I think

smullan_2000 14:14 06 Aug 04

to view the full code click on the link to the page above and clck view source. this is the only way to get it as you have notices somehow the e-mails keep getting sent to the wrong people

Talented Monkey 11:13 07 Aug 04

the likes of ASP and PHP are processed on the server, server-side, before being passed to the visitors browser, therefore doing a right click view source will not view all the ASP code. The error you are getting indicates a problem with the ASP code, as I have suggested before.

You might be now better off by starting again. This time save your HTML form code as something like webform.htm and put it into the includes folder. Now just simply add a line in the ASP code to call it. #include file=”path/webform.htm” Of course you have to put in the correct path etc.

This method will tidy the code up and make any error problem solving easier. If you still having problems then only way someone can help properly is if they see the whole code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…