Web downloads IE6 ISP BTYahoo

Ted the Terrible 16:33 22 Aug 04

Since changing from BTOpenworld to BTYahoo I have been unable to download particularly from MS windows update and some websites are unobtainable.
Trying to get MS WU sometimes gives screen saying I am unauthorized. I operate Windows ME and have Zone Alarm Pro firewall and Norton Antivirus installed. When I try to get latest update from Zone Alarm I get Cannot find server screen. BTYahoo say they cannot help and Zone Alarm have advised on all avenues they can think of without success. I have tried turning off Norton before accessing the web but this has had no effect. Similiarly with Zone Alarm. Not being an expert I am mystified and would welcome suggestions.

happy dragon 17:43 22 Aug 04

d/l mozilla firefox browser and see if you have same probs

pc moron 18:08 22 Aug 04

I'm with BTYahoo! and I have no problems- I haven't installed any of the BTYahoo! software.

Have you installed the BTYahoo! customised browser?

If you have, then do as happy dragon suggests- download and install Mozilla and then try again.

You can get it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…