Web development course.

Legolas 19:33 18 Mar 07

Anyone been on and could recommend a web development course. I am not a novice and have an HND in computing, although I am no expert.

I am interested in building professional web sites and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good course that would get me started.

Nellie2 00:11 19 Mar 07

I'm doing the Certificate in Web Applications Development with the Open university. It's six twelve week courses... I'm half way through the first one. click here

Legolas 10:24 19 Mar 07

Thanks Nellie2. Would you recommend it on what you have done so far?

gibbs1984 13:20 19 Mar 07

Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread but how good is this course, I was going to do this one. I'm a confident user of XHTML and CSS, have only done a little bit of XML, so how indepth does it go with regards to databases etc

I just don't want to pay for something that I've already learnt.

Nellie2 18:08 19 Mar 07

Legolas, as you know, I know my way around a computer and I know a little bit of html and php etc... so far the course has been interesting and informative and quite hard work, it's making me think about aspects of web design that had never occured to me. It was a bit slow to get going as there was quite a bit of background stuff to go through with regards to standards and html v's xhtml. As I said, I'm only half way through the first course... but on what I've done so far, yes I would recommend it.

gibbs1984 I'm not really in a position to answer your question yet as I haven't gotten that far into the series of courses.

Legolas 18:18 19 Mar 07

Nellie2 I see from the OU website that they recommend doing the Design and the Web course as a precursor to the six part certificate course, did you do this?

Nellie2 19:52 19 Mar 07

No I didn't, I felt that I already had a good enough understanding of html to start me off, so far I'm holding my own :-)

Legolas 11:12 20 Mar 07

Hmm I know a wee bit about HTML but not much and I have built a few web sites but I think I might do the Design and the Web course first it starts in May. Thanks fo the input Nellie2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017