Web Design Software

damien1234 14:39 24 Aug 08

Web Design Software For Newbies

Hi All

I am currently shopping around for some web design software, and am looking for some impartial advice.

I have looked at Serif Web Plus X2 and have used their freebie version Web Plus 8 which is OK.

I have also looked at Microsoft's Expression Web 2.0, this looks a bit techie for me as I'm not a programmer and do not have any HTML experience.

Dreamweaver looks out of the questions as my budget is at tops £80. I'm looking for software that can help me build a site with ecommerce as well, any ideas.

Regards

Damien

mco 16:23 24 Aug 08

click here
It's free and easy and produces good looking sites.

damien1234 16:36 24 Aug 08

Hi Mco

Yes I've seen that i dont know if it is up to a full ecommerce site with shopping baskets customer feedback etc or is it?

mco 19:28 24 Aug 08

If you look on the site one of the things they advertise it for is e-commerce and there is a tutorial showing how to set that up - so presumably, yes.

damien1234 11:03 25 Aug 08

Hi Guys

Do you think I could use Expression or something similar to biuld the site and then add on an ecoomerce application when I need it? Or is the ecommerce package a complete site building application?

Damien

mco 12:36 25 Aug 08

..investigate Netobjects again - you can just make a site and then at a point when you want to set up your ecommerce you add that facility on.

Forum Editor 00:10 26 Aug 08

I would also advise you to seriously consider NetObjects Fusion. It's easy enough to get you started fairly quickly, yet powerful enough to cope with the most ambitious project.

It also comes ready to incorporate an e-commerce shopping cart, as mco says.

eocryan 14:55 28 Aug 08

Depending on what your level of knowledge is will determine what programme you'll need (as well as your budget).
Serif's WebPlus X2 - click here - comes with a lot of functionality you'd need such as ecommerce, forums etc etc but you don't have to touch html. Plus its a bit of a bargain.

:)

damien1234 19:37 28 Aug 08

Hi Guys

Thanks, I will try NetObjects Fusion & also Serif. Has anyone tried Microsoft's Expression Web 2.0 or heard anything about it as a software package for design or eccomerce use??

Damien

damien1234 10:38 31 Aug 08

Hi Guys

Thanks for the unbiased and constructive feedback, it has been much appreciated and I will try out your suggestions before making a final desicion.

Damien

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…