Web Design Link

Smiler 18:06 16 Jul 03

Forum Editor
Why can't I get to the main web design page from the link at the top of main PC Advisor page?? I don't wish to take part in the comp for the DVD and I've had to go to another page and click on "discussion forums" then Web Design

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:01 16 Jul 03

about forum layout but...

I dont like this idea at all.

Pesala 23:31 17 Jul 03

To get here from the Web Design Home Page, click on any of the available links, then on View All in the yellow bar at the top.

Pesala 23:54 17 Jul 03

at the bottom of every page.

Smiler 09:41 18 Jul 03

Thanks for your response but why do we have to jump through hoops if the link at the top of the page says web design I expect to get there when I click on it not have to navigate through a forrest. I know that it is possible to user the "jump to" way in. Thanks again.

Patr100 21:33 18 Jul 03

There isn't any simple logical way of getting straight to the full listings once you find yourself on the competition page with it's few threads.

Unless PCA want to compel us to enter the competition by not making an easy escape route.It's poor design. Ironically from those who should know better.

Pesala 22:07 18 Jul 03

or maybe he is just fed up with reminding us that this site has to pay for itself. It only takes two clicks. If no one even sees the sponsor's page, we will have to face the music. ( ( (>_<) ) )

Sir Radfordin 22:20 18 Jul 03

A quick way round things:

You will notice when viewing all subjects in the helproom or consumerwatch the last part of the URL in the address bar is:

allthreads&forumid=1 or allthreads&forumid=2

if you change the 1 or the 2 for a 13 and hit enter (or go) you will go to the view all page for the web design part of the site.

Not too much hassle :)

Patr100 23:06 18 Jul 03

I don't recall saying there shouldn't be prominance to a sponsors competition. There should be.There should also be a link onto the relevant forum, if you choose not to enter the competition, which I assume is not compulsory.

Smiler 14:58 19 Jul 03

I agree that sponsorship is necessary and acceptable but as you say at least there should be a further link on the competition page if you don't wish to enter. Looks like the FE isn't interested so I'll tick this thread. Thanks for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…