Web Design advise required

®µßž - ©lone 18:18 05 Feb 05

my task is to design a webpage using mircosoft products such as word,excel,publisher,acces etc
i would like some advice on which software i should use

thanx in advance...

Taran 19:15 05 Feb 05

If your "task is to design a webpage using mircosoft products such as word,excel,publisher,acces" then those are the software applications you should use.

All of them can save documents as web pages but not one of them does it as well as Microsoft FrontPage.

It's all about choosing the right tool for the job. Excel is for spreadsheets, Access is for databases, Publisher is for desktop publishing and Word is a word processor first and foremost.

Microsoft FrontPage is a dedicated web authoring program, and so if you have it available I'd suggest that is what you use.

If FrontPage is not available then I would suggest Word or Publisher and use the File, Save As option to choose to save as HTML or save as web page. Word and Publisher are both lousy at producing websites and the code they output is awful.

You can create web pages in a variety of WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors like Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe GoLive and NetObjects Fusion, or you can tough it out by hand coding everything in a simple text editor like Notepad.

The answer to your question lies within the question itself.

pmorff 03:38 09 Apr 05

Have you been told not to use a website design tool such as Frontpage? If not then there should not be any problem, Frontpage express is free and easy to use.
If you are expected to use word , access and excel in the website this can be imported in to Frontpage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…