Web creator software

LAP 12:46 27 Apr 03

My wife is trying to create her own web site she has 'bought the books' and also Web Page creator from COSMI which came with a clip art collection.
She is not having a lot of luck. I've tried COSMI and I find it far from simple to use. My question is can you suggest a good 'simple' to use web creator software for wife who has limited knowledge of computers. I'm not much better. Thanks PAL.

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:57 27 Apr 03

on who you are going to use to host your site. I keep saying this, but there is absolutely no need for anyone to lay out cash fore web software.
Most webhosts supply all the tools you need and most are easy to use. They are all equal to top of the range products and a doddle for anyone to use. They also allow you to use advanced methods when you become a bit more experienced. TRY THE SOFTWARE OFFERED BY YOUR WEB HOST FIRST! You may not need any other tools.
Good luck, Whiz...

MichelleC 12:59 27 Apr 03

I use Frontpage 2000 which is one of the easiest to use with no hmtl knowledge. I've also got Web Studio se from Serif which I haven't used yet but looks more simplistic.

soy 13:06 27 Apr 03

You can get 'Serif Webplus 6' free click here .

Microsoft Frontpage is a good option if you have it.

soy 13:14 27 Apr 03

I would like to recommend an exellent magazine for webdesign. Its very easy for for the beginner and almost certainly will give you free webdesign software.

The magazine is called 'Webpages made easy' and costs £4.99 with a CD-ROM. I have bought it regularly and it has helped greatly. You can get at WHSmiths.

If I'm not allowed to mention other magazines, then i'm sorry FE.

anchor 14:31 27 Apr 03

Front Page Express is a cut-down version of Microsoft Front Page; it used to be given away free with Windows. It is not complicated to learn and use, and its interface will be familiar to most, and ideal to get you started.

I still have a copy on the server site I use. If you would like to download it, just send me a message by clicking on the yellow envelope next to my name.

pj123 15:06 27 Apr 03

I have just downloaded Serif Webplus 6 and there are no web page wizards included. Absolutely useless programme.

colberly 15:12 27 Apr 03

What type of web page is your wife trying to do? Most Isp's give free web space with easy guidelines. Freeserve will give 30mb and have templates on their mysitebuilder. You don't need to have a freeserve account.

soy 16:00 27 Apr 03

It says there are 20 wizards for the download version. Serif refers to them as templates which you can use and modify.

LAP 16:46 27 Apr 03

Thanks, you have given us great deal to look into will try the various suggestions and come back with an update later..LAP..

mcullum_DX4Life 16:49 27 Apr 03

Buts its the king of web WYSIWYG web design .... NetObjects Fusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…