web cam at work to view at home

richierich 12:14 08 Oct 03

I want to set up a web cam at work just to keep an occasional eye on whats hapening there.
Dont know how to go about it. Do I need a website that I can log on to that shows the view. If so can anyone recomend a cheap way of doing it.
Or is it possible to just dial by phone line into the pc at work to view things.

Sir Radfordin 12:24 08 Oct 03

It can be done - some webcams will come with software that will allow you to do this. It may depend on the security in place in your workplace - firewalls and the like.

If you are going to use it to 'monitor' employees you need to be very careful as I'm sure there are various legal issues that need to be taken into consideration.

richierich 12:29 08 Oct 03

Its not to monitor employees, more to just see what work in progress.
There is no security as such. Only a small business. would i need the pc at work permanantly connected to internet or just to phone line that can be dialed into.
can anyone recomend kit that can be used for this, thanks

stlucia 13:47 08 Oct 03

It can be done without a computer, using one of the new picture phones. I saw an ad by Nokia yesterday for a camera which you can dial-up and view the picture on your mobile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…