web cam won't work on skype

murshad 17:22 04 Mar 10

I installed a SN9C120 web cam on my XP computer.When I go on My computer then scanner and cameras and click on camera icon then the camera is working, but on Skype the camera is not working just black screen for a while then a message " unknown error". Please help me How can I use the web cam on Skype.Thanks in advance

Technotiger 17:46 04 Mar 10

Maybe you need to re-load the driver for the webcam click here

Also, in Skype have you clicked on the drop-down arrow in Tools>Options>Video settings, to make sure your cam is shown?

murshad 20:12 04 Mar 10

yes I re loaded the driver couple of times and also in Skype when I clicked on Tools>video setting I see only black screen with "unknown error"

Technotiger 20:37 04 Mar 10

But in Video settings, did you click on the Drop-down arrow alongside where the cam name should appear, to check that your cam is listed?

Technotiger 20:39 04 Mar 10

Also, if your cam is listed correctly after clicking on the drop-down arrow, don't forget to click on Save at the bottom of that window.

murshad 21:10 04 Mar 10

In the video setting above the big black rectangle name of the cam shown and at the same time bottom right corner next to the clock there is a camera icon ans a text is appearing"web cam stats to capture" but after couple of second a text is appearing on the big black rectangle "unknown error"

Technotiger 21:26 04 Mar 10

I have made an extensive search via Google, it would appear that your webcam is NOT compatible with Skype!

murshad 21:39 04 Mar 10

Thanks

Technotiger 21:47 04 Mar 10

Sorry I could not find any better result!

murshad 18:28 05 Mar 10

I tried with another cam.Still the same problem "unknown error", but a text came in video setting that a I need to install DirectX which I did. Now both cams are working

Technotiger 18:39 05 Mar 10

That's Grrreat - thanks for your feedback.

I must remember that for possible future use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac