Web Cam software compatible with Win XP and 98

jbatpersonal 10:17 15 Sep 03

I am running XP Home and my contact is running Win 98. Can anyone recommend good soft ware to run a Web Cam meeting (using original operating systems)? Both computers already have web cams connected.

sil_ver 12:22 15 Sep 03

Have you tried Microsoft netmeeting?

jbatpersonal 09:08 16 Sep 03

Unfortunately Microsoft Netmeeting directs new clients to Windows Messenger, and therefore Windows XP. Anyone have other suggestions?

sil_ver 12:04 16 Sep 03

Not used this myself but perhaps worth a look. click here I know in the past there was difficulty in getting XP to work with W98 using MSNetmeeting.

mdshamilton 12:46 16 Sep 03

I've used Yahoo Messenger - it works very well with webcams and microphones on a one to one (point-to-point) meeting. Very easy to set up too and isn't OS specific.

Citizen -A 13:01 16 Sep 03

cant find any faults with this free program,works alongside msn/yahoo/aol/Have a go and see for yourself....click here

jbatpersonal 13:37 17 Sep 03

This soft ware downloaded quickly and easily and the program looks a tho it will do the job nicely

Border View 12:52 11 Oct 04

How did Eyeball com work out? Was it OK. I am in the same situation that you found yourself. Contact has XP and I am on 98SE.

Wondered if anyone else has experience of Eyeball or is there other software to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…