Web Cam software compatible with Win XP and 98

jbatpersonal 10:17 15 Sep 03

I am running XP Home and my contact is running Win 98. Can anyone recommend good soft ware to run a Web Cam meeting (using original operating systems)? Both computers already have web cams connected.

sil_ver 12:22 15 Sep 03

Have you tried Microsoft netmeeting?

jbatpersonal 09:08 16 Sep 03

Unfortunately Microsoft Netmeeting directs new clients to Windows Messenger, and therefore Windows XP. Anyone have other suggestions?

sil_ver 12:04 16 Sep 03

Not used this myself but perhaps worth a look. click here I know in the past there was difficulty in getting XP to work with W98 using MSNetmeeting.

mdshamilton 12:46 16 Sep 03

I've used Yahoo Messenger - it works very well with webcams and microphones on a one to one (point-to-point) meeting. Very easy to set up too and isn't OS specific.

Citizen -A 13:01 16 Sep 03

cant find any faults with this free program,works alongside msn/yahoo/aol/Have a go and see for yourself....click here

jbatpersonal 13:37 17 Sep 03

This soft ware downloaded quickly and easily and the program looks a tho it will do the job nicely

Border View 12:52 11 Oct 04

How did Eyeball com work out? Was it OK. I am in the same situation that you found yourself. Contact has XP and I am on 98SE.

Wondered if anyone else has experience of Eyeball or is there other software to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now