web cam security

sunny staines 19:30 04 Feb 08

If you use this option, make sure it records over the internet for safe storage. If it records to a pc on premises it my be plundered to remove any evidence caught on camera.

recap 20:23 04 Feb 08

We have three webcams monitoring our building and all send images via email to a different PC, plus I can access them from home.

setecio 11:16 10 Feb 08

What software do you use for this, and how secure is it ? I presume the cameras just act like network devices with their own IP ?

Chris the Ancient 14:04 10 Feb 08

The one I use for my system is

click here

Only one (very slight) niggle is that the video replay is in their own format (slightly squashed vertically) but a converter is available at extra cost.

Been running it for about six months now with no problems - apart from each time, when the sun comes out, it decides it's detected a movement and starts recording! However, that used to happen on some of the other ones I did a 'try before you buy' on.

All in all, I'm happy with 'Active Webcam' and its functionality.

CtA

recap 15:19 10 Feb 08

I use Creative webcams and the software that came with them. I am not too sure whether this particular software is now shipped with the webcams though. No need for ip addresses I just use the email accounts I set up for each one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…