web cam security

sunny staines 19:30 PM 04 Feb 08

If you use this option, make sure it records over the internet for safe storage. If it records to a pc on premises it my be plundered to remove any evidence caught on camera.

recap 20:23 PM 04 Feb 08

We have three webcams monitoring our building and all send images via email to a different PC, plus I can access them from home.

setecio 11:16 AM 10 Feb 08

What software do you use for this, and how secure is it ? I presume the cameras just act like network devices with their own IP ?

Chris the Ancient 14:04 PM 10 Feb 08

The one I use for my system is

click here

Only one (very slight) niggle is that the video replay is in their own format (slightly squashed vertically) but a converter is available at extra cost.

Been running it for about six months now with no problems - apart from each time, when the sun comes out, it decides it's detected a movement and starts recording! However, that used to happen on some of the other ones I did a 'try before you buy' on.

All in all, I'm happy with 'Active Webcam' and its functionality.

CtA

recap 15:19 PM 10 Feb 08

I use Creative webcams and the software that came with them. I am not too sure whether this particular software is now shipped with the webcams though. No need for ip addresses I just use the email accounts I set up for each one.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED