(web cam) noise in msn

hi all, problem when on a video call in msn i am suffering audio problems major feedback and intermittant white/static noise, on xp

howard63 21:48 25 Jan 06

this could be your speakers too close to the mike. Try running the tools - audio and video settup in msn messenger

done all that already, tring a seperate mic rather than the internal cam mic - good space between spkrs & mic

seperate mic my end and recipients - nope
move trnsmitters bluetooth, ir, the mobile - nope
only seems to be in msn --- still there quite intermittant.....help pls

rsinbad 21:40 26 Jan 06

feedback usually occurs when the microphone is set to a high volume try reducing the level and moving the mike away from the speakers.Could just be your settings click here

failing that try with a head set

nope - still getting long loud static birsts only in msn

rsinbad 23:51 26 Jan 06

You could try reinstalling msn ,however i dont think this will solve your problem there are many appliances in the home including strip lights that can cause static. speaker wires are not sheilded therefore they will pickup static.
Intermttent faults can be more difficult to find could be anything from domrstic central heating pump to faulty wires in the mike.I afraid its a process of elimination.

click here

nothing has moved, its been fine for months , i have had skype installed but since removed it as it hijacked my sound card so i took it off - could it be something to do with msn 7.5, all was well on the previous version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…