Web Cam

ponytail 10:13 14 Sep 10

Just bought a notebook PC which has a web cam.Have never used one of these before and just wondered how they work.If I click on web cam I am then obviously on the screen but how do I then send pictures of my self to others particular relatives abroad.Can some one advise. Thanks

woodchip 10:19 14 Sep 10

You both have to use the same software I think at each end. I could be wrong. And think you have to use something like Skyp to connect. There are different ways of doing it

woodchip 10:21 14 Sep 10

Read click here

Woolwell 10:22 14 Sep 10

If you have Skype (or similar) you can converse with each other and see each other eg video call.
You should also be able to capture video and stills and then send them as attachments but video will be large files. The Notebook should have software for the webcam.

onthelimit 11:32 14 Sep 10

Yes, Skype is the favorite for webcamming. However, as Woolwell says, there will be software loaded on your netbook which will allow you to take a picture of yourself (or video) and then email it. Have a look in All Programmes - it should be there.

Sea Urchin 11:42 14 Sep 10

In the software for your Webcam you will have an option like "Take a video snapshot" - this then becomes a still picture file that can be saved and (as above) sent as an attachment.

ponytail 09:23 15 Sep 10

I am about to change my internet supplier so will lose my current email address how do I notify PCA of my new email address as I cannot see anywhere on here where I can notify them.Unless I create a new account using new email address.

ponytail 09:23 15 Sep 10

I am about to change my internet supplier so will lose my current email address how do I notify PCA of my new email address as I cannot see anywhere on here where I can notify them.Unless I create a new account using new email address.

gengiscant 09:36 15 Sep 10

You will not actually lose the address,I still have my first email address from when I was with AOL.
But if you want to change your email address here just login then click on 'My Profile' top right next to My Postings and you then can your change email address.

woodchip 12:06 15 Sep 10

You will need to create a new Account as I don't think you will be able to log in. It may let you in as I cannot see it checking your mail address each time. So you can change as above, if it does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac