Web Cam

dizzy1111 17:13 20 Dec 05

I have just got my new PC its a MESH top of the range, its running Windows XP PRO when i put the web cam on all i get is a black screen It worked ok on my old PC that also run XP Pro so what is the problem does anyone know how to fix this problem, also the microphone only works one way i can listen but not talk out this is just two of the many problems but i need to start somewhere

Pamy 19:36 20 Dec 05

Hi, has windows recognised your webcam, if not do you have a driver disk?

Pamy

johnnyrocker 20:16 20 Dec 05

what type of sound card do you have?

johnny.

dizzy1111 15:19 21 Dec 05

The sound card is creative audigy 2zs most of it works ok but the cam does not or the mic

dizzy1111 16:35 02 Apr 06

Well some of you tried to help but the cam is still not working I have tried all kinds of things but still not working any good ideas would be greatfully received please help

anchor 19:07 02 Apr 06

You don`t say the make of the webcam. With the 2 Logitechs I have had experience with you MUST first install the software/drivers, reboot, then, (when instructed), plug in the camera.

Just plugging in the camera with XP seems to install the incorrect drivers, and the cameras did not work, (even though XP said they were ready for use).

I cannot say if this applies to other makes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…