Web browsing keeps freezing.

grabster 18:33 13 Dec 08

Ho Hum...since i changed isp to Bethere the wifes vista laptop has suffered from a freezing problem which my isp insists is nothing to do with them.
while browsing with either ff or ie or chrome (all browsers are affected)after a seemingly ramdon time period no web pages will load,the bottom of the screen says "web page found" but the page wont fully load. The funny thing is that the Be home page will load but nothing else.I have changed to using opendns servers which makes no difference.
I aint sure whether or not this is a vista problem as i dont get this happening on the other laptop running xp.
The vista laptop is fully up to date and is running avast and zonealarm free .I use spyware blaster and a2 free and the machine is regulary checked for nasties.
I think that this is a common problem but i cant find any solutions that work for me so hopefully someone here may be able to shed some light on this problem.

User-1229748 18:39 13 Dec 08

i had a problem with web pages freezing and found out it was after i updated to flash player 10.went back to 9 and no more problems.

grabster 18:53 13 Dec 08

Hi, i just checked and it seems i have v.9 installed so im gonna stick the latest version on and see if that makes any difference,no har in keeping it up to date i suppose.

grabster 18:55 13 Dec 08

no harm in keeping it up to date i suppose.

grabster 12:16 14 Dec 08

Also forgot to mention that although web browsing freezes i am still able to download using either torrents or my binary news server.
Perhaps its a vista thing.

User-1229748 12:42 14 Dec 08

what are your laptop specs?

grabster 14:53 14 Dec 08

Its the dell studio 1735
2gb ram 1.87ghz,

Halmer 15:46 14 Dec 08

You should not have version 8.0.020 installed with Vista. Checkpoint are still sorting it.

I had the same problem which was cured by reverting to the Vista version.

Halmer 15:48 14 Dec 08

click here if you are not already doing so.

grabster 16:06 14 Dec 08

gonna try your suggestion now.
I thought ZA was vista friendly already though.

Halmer 16:16 14 Dec 08

but if you have Vista and try to update to 8 via the interface it tells you that there is no update available, presumably because they are still fixing the bug that caused browsers to freeze and slow closedown.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…