web browsers & hotmail

crespo 03:12 06 Oct 06

Hey all! This is Crespo calling.I'm thinking of running Opera or Firefox as an alternative to IE6.I use Hotmail as my e-mail server.Someone told me that if you (allegedly) run either Opera or Firefox, it interferes with incoming & outgoing mail.In other words,you don't know what you're getting & what's missing.I don't know if this is true or not.My friend, she lives in Atlanta Georgia.The only (cheap!)way at present is by e-mail.It's important we keep in touch! Anyone out there with any helpful advice?Much appreciated.C.

sean-278262 03:25 06 Oct 06

Load of rubbish from what I understand. Firefox runs my friends hotmail account without any problem at all. Cant say about opera but I am 99.9% certain it is a lie.

bruno 08:03 06 Oct 06

I run both of these with IE6 and now IE7 and have never had a problem with Hotmail,gmail or Messenger.Not all stories are true.

VoG II 09:31 06 Oct 06

Highlight the web address in the address bar. Press CTRL + C to copy it. In your mail message press CTRL + V to paste it in.

VoG II 09:32 06 Oct 06

Oops - wrong thread!

jolorna 09:39 06 Oct 06

thats what i thought

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…