web browser hanging up

golfpro 09:13 01 Feb 08

I am using Acer lap top 2gb ram with Vista premium OS. I use this over WiFi with a router. This morning my browser (Internet explorer), has started to hang particularly when I click on a link in a forum or shut down a web site The page just hangs there and I can't shut it down. any one know know why. I am thinking of switching to Fire Fox which is what I have on my PC, but I would like to find out why this has suddenly started happening.

birdface 09:41 01 Feb 08

You could try with your add-ons disabled,And if it works Ok then enable them one at a time till you find out which one is causing the problem.

golfpro 09:53 01 Feb 08

I'm not too sure what you mean by add-ons. I haven't changed anything on my computer in the last few days, and this has only started happening today.

birdface 08:55 02 Feb 08

Tools.Manage add-ons.Enable or disable add-ons.Add-Ons currently loaded in I/Explorer.You can disable them all.And see if I/E works Ok then.If so enable them one at a time till you find the one that has been causing the problem,And either update it or keep it disabled.Worth a try.

birdface 09:57 03 Feb 08

Oops sorry that was for IE7 if my memory is correct you still use IE6 or have you upgraded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…