Web Based or ISP based which is best

gel 11:48 29 Jan 05

Hello
I use 'outlook express' and I have very little experience with a web based email system.
Are there any advantages with web based ? I realise that web based can be accessed from any where and that there is good storage.
If I moved to Web Based which is the best? Every one has their own preference I expect.May be the subject is as long as a piece of string or maybe there is a very simple answer.
I will enjoy the debate and it may be of use to others,I hope so.
gel

Diodorus Siculus 11:56 29 Jan 05

Why not try an ISP which also has web based access? I use Waitrose mail and find it excellent - mail is scanned for virus and spam, pop3 acess is great and on occasion I can check mail via web when away.

pickle factory 12:00 29 Jan 05

I'm with Plusnet, excellent service, had no issues since joined 8 mths ago, use Outlook at home but can access through the web from anywhere else, why limit yourself to one or the other, have the best of both worlds.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:02 29 Jan 05

Most ISP mail can now be accessed from the web.

G

octal 16:58 29 Jan 05

The trouble with using your own ISP's email, even if it has world wide web access, is that often when you want to change ISP you loose your email address.

I prefer to use an independent email server. The one I use is Lycos click here I've had one of my addresses on Lycos for about seven years, in spite of changing ISP's three times.

Also, I've never had any spam on that particular address.

gel 17:22 29 Jan 05

Hello
Thank you very much for your comments. I have taken them all on board.
Would any one care to comment on the 'Firefox' Web based site?.
Thanks
gel

Diodorus Siculus 19:04 29 Jan 05

I didn't realise that firefox has webmail. Can you post a link? I certainly like firefox web browser and the corresponding mail program, Thunderbird.

gel 21:23 29 Jan 05

Sorry Diodorus Siculus it is 'Thunderbird' I mean't.

I too use Firefox and feel it is much better than Explorer
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…