Web access to Outlook at work....

kevvyb 16:43 05 Aug 04

I use web access to my outlook inbox, calendar etc at work.

I understand that the calendar is shown via a java script (I think this is the right term) which is just comeing up with a red cross.

Am still accessing inbox/emails etc normally.

Work says that things okay for other users.

Java script on other sites is working (adslguide.org - speedtest for eg)

Could anyone give me some pointers. Don't think there have been any changes to my system since i last used it successfully.

I really need access to my work calendar - my job could depend on it!!!! Why does this sort of thing always happen at the most awkward times?

Valvegrid 18:48 05 Aug 04

From what you've said I take it you're accessing your profile on your companies server?

If you can see the advert on this site, at the top, just to the right of the red PCAVISOR, then your Java Script is working. Have you tried another browser?

Another thought, usually frames that open with a red x in the top left hand corner, they are usually gaphics which have either been blocked by a pop-up stopper or switched off in the settings in your browser, maybe even a firewall.

kevvyb 18:55 05 Aug 04

Thank you.

First question - yes

I can see PC Advisor, grey space, flash animation, subscribe to PCAdvisor magazine.

I am running SpywareBlaster, Adaware, Spybot, TDS and ZA.

SpywareBlaster was added recently but I disabled all protection and restarted before trying again. I know I have been running with all the others with no problems. Does it make any sense that the Java script is obviously still working on adslguide.org website?

Valvegrid 19:09 05 Aug 04

I don't think its a Lava Script problem, I think its an image problem, right click on the frame an go down to image properties and see if you get something like this:

http :// www .pcadvisor.co.uk/images/generic/new

that's the PCADVISOR graphic at the top.

kevvyb 19:19 05 Aug 04

yes get that with 'alogo.gif' at the end.....?

Valvegrid 20:08 05 Aug 04

Yes, it is a graphic. I assume you are using IE6? If you are go to Tools then settings and go through the tabs and make sure that any boxes you see are ticked that say View graphics. Sorry I can't be more specific because I don't run Windows so I can't check easily.

Couple of other options, have you asked any of your other colleagues who use the system to make sure they are not getting the same problem? Also can you check on another computer? Finally, you could try another browser like say Firefox click here and see if that gets you in.

kevvyb 20:48 05 Aug 04

Thanks very much for your help. I will get back to work tomorrow and ask them. May be able to get someone else to check it out for me although will not be able to be sure they are running Sun Java plugin as I am.

Will post back when I resolve the issue.

Thanks very much for your help. I will get back to work tomorrow and ask them. May be able to get someone else to check it out for me although will not be able to be sure they are running Sun Java plugin as I am.

kevvyb 20:52 05 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…