//some 3rd party need geo

Web Accelerator

tonyx1302 11:09 09 Mar 04

Can anyone recommend a web acc.( free if poss ) or failing that, any ideas how I can speed up my connection. I run XP on Onetel broadband and over the last few days have been tinkering over my pc trying to solve a previous problem. (See previous posting 8/03/04). My connection speed has slowed right down.I have tried various speed tests but they are a complete foreign language to me!!I got in a right old state. What can I clean up to hopefully improve my speeds? I have run Adware, Spybot and CleanUp and Defrag etc but they haven't improved anything.

All comments and suggestions would be VERY gratefully recieved

Jester2K 11:10 09 Mar 04

Try Cybertweak to reset your settings

click here

tonyx1302 11:41 09 Mar 04

Morning Jester2K. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your quick responce. I tried Cybertweak and afterwards ran atest which they recommend on the site. The results were 10/KBs (80/Kbs) which the report says is 'DISMAL' and 'extremely poor'

Any other further thoughts or ideas please?

Thank you

Jester2K 11:45 09 Mar 04

1) can you link to the old thread.

2) what do OneTel say about the speeds? Any problems they know of? Do they have a service status page?

Jester2K 11:46 09 Mar 04

Hmmm click here

No known problems.

tonyx1302 11:51 09 Mar 04

Sorry what do you mean by 'link to old thread'?
and I haven't had any problems till recently.

Would a system restore work?

Jester2K 12:00 09 Mar 04

Old Thread - In the first posting here you said "See previous posting 8/03/04"

Can you post a link to it so i can see it please?

Jester2K 12:00 09 Mar 04

It might undo whatever you did.

Belatucadrus 14:11 09 Mar 04
  tonyx1302 18:04 09 Mar 04

Many thanks everyone and very sorry to take so long in getting back. I have taken all your ideas on board but unfortunately none have worked. I have just spent the last two hours or so on the tele. to Onetel who are going to run'tracert threads'(?????) for me and will hopefully tell me the fault and how to correct it.
I will post their answers etc when I receive them.

Thanks again everyone. watch this space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…